Austin Real Estate Investing and NetworkingClub (Austin RENC)
Code of Conduct & Ethics
Our Commitment to Responsible Real Estate Investing
Austin Real Estate Investing & Networking Club (Austin RENC) members acknowledge that our association is an organization of people whose purpose is to promote our collective real estate investing success through education, networking and community service. The ownership and management of real estate is a highly regulated segment of the free enterprise system of the United State of America. As such, the members of the Austin RENC must treat this enterprise with the utmost professionalism. Austin RENC members desire to expand their knowledge of real estate investing and management. In order to pursue these ends in a legal and ethical manner, all members of Austin RENC will be held to a higher standard of ethical behavior and the highest standard of professionalism and integrity. This includes, but is not limited to the following list of behaviors:
• Austin RENC members will not intentionally misrepresent any material fact in their business dealings.
• Austin RENC members should keep themselves informed on matters affecting housing in their community, including local, state, and federal laws.
• Austin RENC members will create safe and sanitary housing.
• Austin RENC members will act as positive role models for the professions of real estate investing and housing providers when dealing with tenants, the public, the media, government officials, and all others.
• Austin RENC members agree to disclose any and all known information about any property that may adversely affect the property value or that may cause the buyer any present or future hardship.
• Austin RENC members will never market any property that they do not have legal control.
• Austin RENC members will always seek the counsel of professionals for any issue in which they are not well versed.
• Austin RENC members will be responsible to complete their own due diligence in all business dealings and will encourage others to do the same.
• Austin RENC members will not perform or cause to be performed any act which would tend to reflect on or bring Austin RENC into disrepute.
• Austin RENC members will not engage in or tolerate other members engaging in illegal practices of any nature.
• Austin RENC members will consult with their own professional advisors as to risks and legal, tax, economic or investment implications in matters concerning real estate and other investments.
By becoming a member of the Austin RENC, each member pledges to conduct his/her business in accordance to the guidelines listed above. Austin RENC reserves the right to review the complaint of any other member, property owner, or resident, and at its sole discretion, reserves the right to revoke membership of any member at any time for any reason.
Dated: January 1, 2010